Thursday, July 25, 2013

Date-ing Fruit Smoothie

Get it? the Dates and the fruit are interacting with each other to the point of dating hehe
Okay, I know lame on the word play, but I sort of did my best hehe. If you guys have any better suggestions DEFINITELY feel free to let me know ^^
I ran out of bananas, but wanted to make a Berry smoothie. I have frozen mixed berries and personally, those can be pretty sour. I did not want to use any sugar, honey, agave nectar, or anything so I turned to dates! What's so great about Dates is that they can easily replace any sweetener! That's right, no refined sugars or additives!
Anyways, this was definitely a sweet, refreshing smoothie that I made for myself, mother (age of 60), and her student (a young girl). We all enjoyed this, so this is definitely a drink that is perfect for all ages~ Had this hydrating drink for breakfast after a HIIT workout hehe
Anyways here's the recipe:
Recipe:
You Will Need:
- A Blender
- 10 Pitted Dates (I used organic)
- 3 Handfuls of Mixed Berries (I used the frozen kind)
- 1 Cup of Almond Milk (I used Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla)
- 1/4 Cup of Water
-Makes two glasses-
Directions:
  1. Blend your Dates, Water, and Almond Milk together until it becomes this frothy, smooth drink. (This can be a drink on its own. So sweet and delicious)
  2. Add in the Berries and blend(Frappe) until it's this thick, creamy drink
  3. Pour and enjoy~
I don't have a picture this time because I was in a bit of a rush, but it basically looks like a Berry smoothie, only it has that delicious creamy sweet taste that comes from the almond milk and especially the dates.
Hope you enjoy and tell me how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment