Thursday, July 25, 2013

Refreshing TripleBerry Mint Smoothie


triple_berry_smoothie_2_resize
Ever wanted to drink something mint-y, but not really the whole chocolate mint ordeal or a straight up toothpaste-tasting drink?
Well, I have and I was craving something that would leave me feeling cool & refreshed during this hot summer.
What I have here is a smoothie that felt so refreshing and chill as I drank it, while satisfying my sweet tooth at the same time. I felt clean, relaxed, and satisfied afterward hehe~
Recipe:
You will need:
- A Blender
- 2 Cups of Frozen Berries (I used mixed berries: blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries)
- 1/2 Cup or 3 Sprigs of Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 Cup of Almond Milk (or any milk, but I prefer non-dairy)
- 2 Tablespoons of Raw Agave Nectar or Honey (Adjust depending on how sweet you want it)
- Cacao Powder optional 
  • (I was hoping for a chocolate-y taste like mint chocolate berry, but you need to put in a lot for it to really make any impact. If you want that taste, opt for chocolate chips instead.)
Note: Yields about 3-4 cups, so that would be 2-4 servings depending on how much each person drinks. I personally like to drink a lot hehe
Directions:
  1. Blend/Puree the Frozen Berries and the Almond Milk first
  2. Add in the Mint Leaves and your sweetener(s)
  3. Blend the mixture to the texture that you prefer. If you blend it for longer, it will become runny though so beware~
Drink and enjoy while relaxing out in the Sun~

No comments:

Post a Comment